Decision making can be both easy or dreadful depending on just what situation you find yourself in. If you’re at a place in your life like me you’re more than likely to be able to relate. For one, adulting can be hard especially if you’ve always had to make choices for yourself so early up in your young years. “To stay or not to stay”, “To go or not to go”, “To move on or not to” etc. Just many decisions that you think you cannot fully decide on your own. Or decisions that can make or break you and define your future, your path, or your story. At times I wonder what will become of me if I choose this path or that path, and I just find myself lost in my thoughts for hours. I can truly over think sometimes which can be helpful some days and horrific on others. When it comes to a decision that can drastically change your life or future forever always try and get advice by those that are well seasoned in life. If they have came across similar hurdles as you talking to them will make it even better. So many times we have found our selves wandering, making decisions that may not have been the best for us causing painful outcomes and delays in our lives all at the same time. But if we just take a moment to breathe and remember that there is a God waiting for us to ask for His help and guidance we’d immediately feel the instant freedom from such burdening feelings and choices. Focus, meditate and trust that God knows and wants what is best for you and if you believe, He will be sure to lead you.
Do you ever find yourself letting pain define your choices? I do. As I’m approaching 24 I have realized how much I have changed. Pain is something we feel, experience, avoid and most importantly grow from. Its interesting to see how much one can grow in just as little as 10 months. Physical or spiritual wounds can be something that help us over come, achieve, and make us stronger. But what of those with the opposite effects, what of those who are hurt and want to hurt, what of those who are scarred and want to scar. For a long period of my life I defeated evil with kindness, I trusted, I injected love and kindness naturally to those around me continuously every moment that I could. But slowly things changed, at a point in my life I felt as if my heart hurt to beat. I questioned my purpose in life my path, my walk. The innocence, the kindness I once breathe was exhaling from me. As much as I had shielded my heart and mind with the instant ability to love and forgive pain found its way in. How much pain could one endure before they’d break? Do people really care or are they just looking out for their best interest? All questions defined by pain. For months I was circled and cornered by anger and hurt. I was spiritually wounded and bleeding alone with no way to heal, enough time for anger to cripplingly sow my wounds causing my life and views to drastically change. My choices were no longer my owns but my wounds. My decisions were no longer my owns but my pains. My goals my plans my dreams it had all changed. My mind clouded of the negative that could happen instead of the good that could. For months I indulged in everything I never allowed myself to be spiteful, rude, short tempered, angry, bitter and much more. What I learned from those deadly fruits is that there would never be a light in the end but only a door to darkness. Today I am still evolving and healing. What I’ve concluded is that pain may just be a moment of strength disguised as weakness to devour us from our true path. Do not allow your wounds dictate the path God has perfectly paved for you but only let them make you stronger. And never feel the need to defeat wrong with wrong, always remember to place your worries and pain in the Lord’s hands.
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
This blog post list 5 beauty school tips for beginners. The picture above is practice polishing from my first week of beauty school. I am a newbie myself so if you just joined the beauty field welcome to the team! Hope you find these school tips helpful.
- Be sure that your heart is in this field. One of the main goals of this career is to be able to put a smile on your customer’s face which can all be accomplished through hardwork, dedication, and love for your job. Understand that in this field your job is to serve and pamper others. Though this field may sound very serving and hands on it will be an extremely rewarding experience.
- Be prepared to find yourself practicing for hours. Many times I find myself practicing until the sun sets without even realizing how much time has passed. It really has to do with how much you love and enjoy this field. Be ready to get lost practicing for long periods of time.
- It’s okay to be imperfect. After all this is why you are attending beauty school in the first place, to learn! If you enter beauty school with a perfectionist mindset then you’re in for a headache. You have to accept that it is okay to fail in first try attempts most especially because it allows you to realize what not to do in second attempts. Meaning through your failures you can learn how to work smarter and not harder!
- Don’t give up! things will not come together from just a day or even a week of learning. Practice is key. Be patient!
- Above all have fun. Beauty school is the perfect place for you to get a chance to express yourself artistically and creatively. As well as being inspired by others that share the same passion and interest as you.
This eyeshadow palette and lipstick has definitely been one of my go to winter looks so I thought why not share this quick and easy combo. This look can be used as an every day look or can easily be turned into a night time look by just adding a touch of the shade fudge to the corner of your eyes. For my day time look I simply use the first shadow from the second row called “salted caramel” which is one of my absolute favorite transition shades. And last but not least my latest lip combo has been NYX soft matte lip cream in the shade “Berlin”. I seriously am in love with this quick and easy eye/lip combination. The Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette is priced at $49.00 and the Nyx soft matte lip cream in the shade “Berlin” is priced at $6.49. Hope you enjoy this this make up combo as much as I do. ❤
This blog list Christmas décor ideas on a budget. Most of the ideas consist of easy and simple DIY’s and some great dollar store steals when on a budget. These ideas are for those that love Christmas just as heavily as I do. My style of Christmas decorating is almost as if there is a Christmas party waiting to happen. So if you’re into a more sleek, modern, black and white type of Christmas this post might not be for you but if your style is a little more festive welcome to my blog. Hope you enjoy these super easy tips!
- First up wrapping paper! A must for a on a budget décor. Regardless if it is your entire home or a specific area that you’d like to decorate, my first tip would be to wrap your wall art or frames with wrapping paper of your liking. Another tip is to wrap any empty boxes you may have around the house that are not being used and place them up high like on top of your china cabinet if you own one or stack two or three in the corner of a hallway or living room. You’ll immediately feel the Christmas spirit flowing in most especially if you try the jumbo present decor!
- Make your own bows! Instead of spending 10 dollars buying 10 individual bows buy ribbon to your liking and start creating! If you’re worried about not knowing check out YouTube for tons of bow tutorials. To be honest I do not know how to make bows but being on a budget sure helped me learn a few things.
- Don’t have a fireplace to hang your stockings on? No worries! Your flat screen TV can be the perfect replacement. Just look up a nice Christmas playlist that plays over a beautiful toasty image of a burning fire which you can find on YouTube while hanging your stockings right above and you’re good to go!
- Dollar stores! I cannot stress enough how Dollar Tree has cut my budget down incredibly. I recommend shopping there for things that are lengthy for example string (but only if you want to finish off your frames with a nice bow made out of a rustic jute twine string), garlands or any other décor that comes nine to fifteen feet long or in packs that way you’re getting more for your money.
- Tree skirts! I’m sure you all know how expensive they can be costing up to $30 dollars but not mine! I got a steal costing me only a dollar. As well as (Stockings, 15 feet garlands, string, wrapping paper, Santa hat seat covers, flannel table covers, ribbons, tree toppers) and more all for just a dollar! All thanks to Dollar Tree.
- Another great place for some steals is Thrift shops especially Good Will. This place is great for knick knacks helping you fill up any empty coffee tables or counter tops. You can also find lots of Christmas and holiday mugs or dishware which is great for those that like holiday change in the kitchen as well.
Down below are pictures showing some of my DIY decor for the walls with wrapping paper & jute twine as well as dollar store steals, knick knacks and Christmas tins I have found in thrift shops. The Christmas tins can both be great for simply just decor or for storing baked goods.
It’s never too early for some holiday Christmas spirit. I don’t know about you but I love the holidays most especially Christmas. A lot of people have this idea that certain things like decor or putting up the Christmas tree need to be done at a certain timing but the reality is that there is no rules. You put your lights up as early as you want. Not everyone sees Christmas as special as it may be to you. For some people it is just about gifts and for others it is just convenient that they will be able to have time off from work. As for me it literally is one of the best times of the year. I genuinely enjoy blasting a nice-classic Christmas playlist while putting decor up as well as baking all types of yummy Christmas goodies. It makes me even happier that the family will be coming together during this very special time. To me it is all about creating memories and making the atmosphere feel inviting, warming, festive and loving. So if you’re like me and you genuinely enjoy Christmas, love having the family come together and being thankful for all of your blessings then do not feel like it’s ever too early to be festive. Everyone will always have a different opinion or out look on this holiday and that is okay, but what is most important is that YOU do not hold back on your experience because of the way others choose to celebrate it. Enjoy your holidays, get to decorating, and let this Christmas be a holly jolly one!
You can follow me on Instagram for some more blog photos and updates!
We struggle with many demons each and everyday. Sometimes we’re in so deep we can barely recognize what they are. For many it may be drugs, alcohol or even lies you hide deep within your heart but for me its a plethora of mental and emotional battles. I live each day on the edge and not in a good way some days it is fear that attacks me and some days it may be depression and if it’s not that it is my constant social anxiety that seems to be one of the worst. If you fall into one of these categories know that you are not alone. For the longest I have always considered myself weird and excluded from the norm but now that I am older and have recognized my demons I realize that I am just different. Growing up I was called a really bad worrier or “extra” as they say these days for the constant worrying I did after every minor issue that would occur in my life. I would take minor problems that may have occurred in school at work or at home and compulsively think and relive them, sometimes even losing sleep or waking up to nightmares over them. It was just terrible and repetitive over the years as I got older. And to top that my life had certainly not been peaches and creams I had experienced some pretty dreadful events growing up, and if I made a big deal over “minor issues” imagine growing up with traumatic events surrounding you. I will not go into detail but what I will say is that anxiety, depression, BDD, fear, PTSD and more do exist. And if you take as long as I did to recognize what they are they will defeat you, as well as take over your daily walk, your daily decisions, and most especially your daily thoughts.
I did not come to realization as to why I was so damn different until my early twenties where I discovered what anxiety and PTSD was, which I had experienced three times in the past five years due to death in the family, car accidents, and other traumatic events. My reason for writing this? Well, I just wanted to show you that you are not alone and that there are others out there just like you. My only hope is to bring awareness to the battles we secretly and quietly go through, which we ourselves do not recognize at times. If you come across this post speak out and find help. Surround yourself with friends and family that are willing to be your number one supporters for being brave and choosing to face your demons.
For anyone that has been a part of the meet ups or a member of this group website http://www.meetup.com feel free to comment down below. I really am looking into it but cannot find reviews or videos of the meet ups. If you happen to have an idea of how the meet ups work you can direct message me I would really appreciate it. I will be attending November 16, the event will be taking place in Orlando, Fl lead by organizer Kathleen. A follow up blog post will be coming up soon as to how the meet up went and if it was truly a helpful and positive environment! (: Thank you and have a great day!